Some of the early tasks were the removal of the mast top plates and replacement with temporary guy cable mounting plates. At 200lbs and 150ft above the water, our technicians’ confidence and skills were put to the test when we eliminated the costly hanging scaffold that was originally planned.
Working under the spotlight of downtown, cruise ships, seaports and thousands of cameras only increased the level of professionalism displayed by our team.
- Location: Vancouver, BC July 5 – Target date February 2, 2011
- Client: Birdair Inc.
- General Contractor: Ledcor
- 35 Technicians
- 6 Ground support
- 40,000+ on rope hours
- 27 individual outer panels (Sails) totaling 134,000ft2
- All panels installed by man power, largest was 11,000ft2 and weighed 9500lbs
- Over 20,000 individual pieces of hardware removed and then replaced after refurbishment
- Trained local Iron workers to Sprat level one and worked alongside them
- WorkSafe BC Acceptance